Pages

Sunday, October 21, 2012

Vintage Kitchen Make Over

We just bought a mobile home out in Mid California and I had so much fun decorating it this last week. I thought I'd share all the little vintage touches I added to the home to make it feel warm and cozy?
I did the kitchen in Aqual and Red. So cute! Found the polka dot curtains on clearance at TJ Max. Picked up the polka dot red oven mitten and aqua towels at Walmart. then found some fun vintage pieces such as the little drawers and a little red wire piece at the Speckled Hen show. Then after a full day of antiqueing brought back some old red handled kitchen utensils and put them in an old colandar with red and aqua polka dot ribbons. Found a cool cork piece (hanging on the wall) and a few other toucheds of red and aqua.
I found this awesome little red drop leaf table and chairs at an antique shop and the red and aqua table cloth!  What a great find to add to my motif!

Cork board from Goodwill and red sign from Kohls.
 
Plastic plates from Kohls Clearance - can't beat that!
 
Red and White corelle dishes from Walmart.
 
 
A repurposed rack (?). Tied red polka dot ribbons on it and use it for a drying rack.

 
Finally a little drawer shelf, an aqua bookend, and two old red handled kitchen tools.
 
More to come in the other rooms!  Stay tuned!