Pages

Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Rag Lamp

 
 
 
 
 
At the Speckled Hen show in Paso, I bought these lamp frames. 
I had seen this project in malls before and now I had a chance to try it myself.
The two frames were $5.00 each.  The larger one was $10.
 
 
 
I purchased White muslin at Walmart (1 yard per lamp and 2 for the big one)
I cut and ripped the fabric in 1 inc increments. Doing this on the fold makes it faster and easier.
I also purchase a skirt at Goodwill that had the white netting and cut it into strips also.
I used the netting at the top. Just tie the strips on one by one and fluff them up.
then I tied the muslin on around the frame. 
I left this one open but you can certainly add more.  Even add colored ribbon to match your decor.
 
I found the lamp base at the Goodwill for $5. and it matched very nicely with my other finds.
 
 
 
And there you have it!  A romantic simple bedside light.