Pages

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Visit to CA for my 50th Birthday

Yep, that's right. the big 5-0. My sister had purchased a wine glass for me last year that said "50 is the new 40" and she made me promise to come out to CA for wine tasting on my birthday. So that's exactly what I did!

We went to the wine country in Paso Robles, CA. We had beautiful weather and I got to see my sister's new place out there. (I'm jealous!)  So pretty.

This is the whole gang. My brother also turned 60 that weekend so we had pleanty to celebrate!  Our first visit was to DuBost Winery. Very pretty. The first pic is the winding road that lead up to the winery.
then the winery itself...

They were very nice and let me and my brother keep one of their glasses for our birthday! The next stop was Tolo.

This little farmhouse was decorated very cute. They also sold old fashioned linens and the grounds were beautiful.  Our next stop was Adeleida.
Yum, Yum. I joined their wine club there. Can't wait for my first shipment. It is very nice to have a glass of wine with dinner and these wines were so smooth and very tastey so I know I'll be very happy!

Our last trip was to Mondo. This property overlooked the valley. So pretty.

I just love the plants they used in their planter under the sign. We had so much fun.
Then we drove out to Lake Naciemento to see how high the water was and much to our surprise the lake was way up!  Good news for the summer trips!


On our way home it looked so serene in the sky, but not to worry, just a beautiful sunset and all those clouds dissappeared in time for our skylit dinner that my sister had catered.
So yummy and so thoughful!


We had a great time! Good Food, Good Family, Good Wine!

We also did a lot of shopping, but that is for another post. Stay tuned!