Friday, October 31, 2014

New Painting Furniture Projects

I just finished painting a bunch of furniture! I enjoyed doing these because I used grey as the base instead of my normal white. I love how they turned out! I also tried a new technique for the tops. Everything I did and used is explained below each picture.

I found this old tilt top table and sanded her down to remove the shine off the wood.

I added two coats of grey paint (Behr). 


I then did a dry brush of white chalk paint around the edges and on the details on the legs. 


On the top I did a transfer of a graphic from the Graphic Fairy. I used Block Posters to enlarge the graphic and printed it out on my inkjet printer onto parchment paper and then burnished it onto the top. After I got the look I desired with stain and dry brush I sprayed the whole top with a clear matte finish. I love the way it turned out!

My next project was a sofa table and I used the same paints and used another graphic in the same manner. Here are the before and after pics.





This also turned out very well. I was also pleased with the end result.
Onto the next projects. Again using the same two paints but this time I used vinyl to create a stencil (on my silhouette) and painted the dresser. Then I used the vinyl and applied it straight onto the little chest. They really compliment each other. 





Lastly I painted a twin bed frame I had but this time the bed was painted white satin (Behr) and I did the details in the grey paint. Very cute!


All the pieces went to the shop today and they really made the booth come alive!
Hope they all find good homes soon!