Pages

Thursday, November 27, 2014

Mobile Home Make Over

It was a very busy two days for me in Paso Robles!  We had purchased a mobile home out by the lake and every chance I get I spend a couple days making it over!

I love decorating and painting and D.I.Y. I am not afraid to try anything and not too proud to admit when I am not particularly good at it! But I do know I love to paint. That has to be the most bang for your buck when it comes to a make over.

Well here we go. Before and after shots of what I accomplished on this last trip.

First project: Update the kitchen.
Tile Project


The kitchen had the standard 70s wallpaper. I vinyl  blue and white floral pattern.
First I removed the blue tiles and then did some patch repair with wall plaster.


I picked out a square 12x12 ceramic tile with the little bitty squares so I could easily cut with scissors and not have to bother with a wet saw. I laid the mastic and put the tile in place.


One side done! Easy as pie! Notice how I cut out the tile around the outlet without removing the plate. I know cheater, cheater, pumpkin eater! Good thing I love pumpkin!


On around the window and on to the other side.  Grout, seal and wipe clean! Notice I even cut the molding to frame out the window! Whew. I am not good with angles!


Project One Finished! I love the look and the tile really made the cabinets look decent so I won't need to replace them, just a little updating with knobs and hinges and they will do for now.  Note to self: need to come up with something better over the microwave!

Project Two: Paint



I went with Whisper Grey (Olympus) for the walls in the kitchen and the living room. I love the way the grey makes the white pop. I need to finish all the molding at the top with just plain white. That will be the last thing when I am done painting everything else.

Then my contrast color to bring all the grey, stone, and woodwork (posts on those projects later) together and to warm up the rooms I chose Corner Baker (Valspar). I LOVE it! It really goes well with the greens in the furniture and pictures that I currently have in there for now!


Hallway into guest bathroom.


Wall in common kitchen area pass through to den and patio.


View of pass through/dining room to front living room painted in grey.


Front room contrast wall. Love the hunter green against the color!

Next Project: Declutter

I love to decorate and sometimes get carried away.  In the bathrooms there is this wallpaper that is red, white and blue and I got carried away with the whole theme. So much so that I got sick of it very quickly. Note to self: less is best!
So here is the before and the after of the bathroom toned down.  Next trip I plan to paint it grey. I also want to replace the sink with one made out of half of a wine barrel. 
Before

Before  

Before 

After

 After

I removed a lot of the nic nacs and replaced the valance over the tub. Simple and so much better!

 Next trip: Wood on the wall between pass through and den:


We bought the redwood bender board and will put it vertically on this wall. That will complete the wood, stone and paint projects!

Here is the slats I bought and put them in the yard to get weathered until I get out there again hopefully in March!


Until next time!