Pages

Friday, September 28, 2012

Vintage Kitchen

I just love the look of vintage items and how people use them in their decor.
I came across this picture on Pinterest and just love the red and white decor in this tiny kitchen.

I just love the red and white, the checkered rug and the cherries sign. I especially love the shelf surround to give more space.

I started collecting bits of red to put in my kitchen. I think it really adds a great color pop regardless of what type of kitchen or what color the kitchen is.

This is some vintage pieces I have found and grouped on top of my frig.
As you can see, my kitchen is painted a turquiose blue and the red works. I also have a small collection of roosters and gnomes on top of my cabinets.

It's a bit of unexpected whimsy. I loved painting the vintage gnome greenware a good friend of mine had. That way I got to paint them the colors I wanted to match my kitchen!

Lastly I used a chandelier I found at an antique shop.  Not so much that it was an antique but because of the wood and black iron just really gave me a warm feeling.  I added a small black bird I found and I'm looking for little red checkered shades to finish the look.
I'd love to see pics of your vintage finds and how you incorporated them into your kitchen!